How to live more mindfully? How to truly connect with your inner self? How to improve self-care? How to deal with emotional baggage? How to let go of the past and be more present? How to reduce stress? How to create a unique vision board? How to reconnect with creativity?
Over a year ago I’d been asking myself all those questions.
Since I was a child, I was finding peace of mind in the creative process. I followed my family tradition and spent my teenage years attending the Art School in Gdynia. Even though I was a top student, art on its own didn’t feel like the right path for me. I was in love with philosophy and psychology.
In 2018, while I was working as a Coach and Trainer, I have connected my two big passions: art and personal development and founded Creative Mandala. It is a new mindfulness tool that will help you relax and spend some quality time with yourself.
My goal was to design a creativity tool/ a creative method that didn’t require advanced art skills, but at the same time allowed the makers to easily create something truly beautiful, meaningful and personalised.
Creative Mandalas help us along the path to self-discovery, self-acceptance and inner growth.
The beauty of it is that every artwork tells a different story. Some participants use this tool to embrace or release a certain chapter of their life, and others are embracing their dreams by creating vision boards.
Everyone Can Create
Scientists say that expressing ourselves through art can help us reduce stress and produce happy hormones in the body like serotonin, endorphins and dopamine.
Art is a natural way to practice mindfulness. Working on Creative Mandalas leads us into the process of concentration and flow, similar to the positive experiences during meditation.
Everyone can create.
Art strengthens our focus and increases attention. Some people might feel more comfortable to express themselves through visual arts rather than words.
The process of making Creative Mandalas will help you clear your mind and will have a positive impact on your wellbeing.
Creative Mandalas are a unique combination of collage, using circular mandala shapes, 100 symbols, photos, quotes and other elements that are significant to the participants.
Those, who studied the history of art know that symbols have been used in art since the beginning of human history. For the vast majority of people, the language of art is a mystery. I was always fascinated by the symbolism in the art that developed over the centuries and enabled artists to tell stories on a deeper level.
From first glance, Creative Mandalas are original symbolic pieces of art, but for their creators, they are often expressing special stories.
Creative Mandalas help to heal, let go and move forward.
Workshop participants can expect to find the creative process relaxing and therapeutic.
Step 1: Reflection
Each workshop starts with an introduction and short guided meditation. Working on Creative Mandalas is a contemplative process. Participants can come with an intention to grasp, embrace or release a life event or chapter. Creative Mandalas are often used as vision boards to express plans and dreams. If nothing comes to your mind, you will enjoy the process by working intuitively.
Step 2: Preparation
Each participant receives a printed version of Creative Mandala Starter Set (100 symbols and their meaning). Some creators bring photographs, personal notes or even old letters. There is no right or wrong. Participants receive an A3 sheet of paper with specially prepared thin mandala shaped frame to help you start. Art materials are provided and shared between the group.
Step 3: Creation
Creating the artwork is a contemplative and intuitive process. We provide a safe place to unwind, relax and go within.
Please feel free to share the process and finished artwork using the hashtag:
Get Your Creative Mandala Starter Set
No matter where you are in the World, you can get your own Creative Mandala Starter Set (100 Symbols Printable PDF) in just a few clicks, unlock your creativity and join the Creative Mandala Makers Community on Facebook for support and inspiration.
2. Draw a circle (use a big dinner plate) in the center of an A3/ A2 paper (ideally 160 gsm).
3. Slow down for a moment and reflect on your intention – you can grasp, embrace or release a life event or chapter. If nothing comes to your mind, you will enjoy the process by working intuitively. Some Creative Mandala Makers use photographs, personal notes or even old letters. There is no right or wrong.
4. Go through all the symbols and pick the ones that resonate with you. Cut and set on side. Make a composition within the circle. Once you’re happy with the overall picture, use the glue carefully.
5. Colour your Creative Mandala using watercolour paints, acrylic paints, crayons, pastels or markers.
6. Frame your artwork for a better result (we use white 50×50 cm IKEA RIBBA frames, around €12).
7. Join our private Facebook Group! Creative Mandala Makers is a safe place to show your artworks and share your story, help each other and socialise. Every month, Dominika Stoppa, the Founder of Creative Mandala goes live to spark your creativity with a new theme.
8. Tag your artworks on Facebook and Instagram using the hashtag #mycreativemandala.
Creative Mandala five-hour workshops are limited to 4 participants. Booking is required.
Refunds up to 7 days before the event.
– Art Materials,
– Printed Set of Creative Mandala Starter Set with 100 Symbols,
– Tea/ Coffee and Cookies,
– Complimentary Carpark (Castlecomer Discovery Park).
– Following the Workshop, you will receive a complimentary printable PDF version of Creative Mandala Starter Set with 100 Symbols (usually sold separately for €19.99). You will be encouraged to join the Group of Creative Mandala Makers on Facebook and keep making Creative Mandalas from the comfort of your own home.